Australian Spartan Premieres March 4th
‘Australian Spartan’ premieres in New Zealand March 4th, 7pm on TVNZ 2.
Brave competitors from across Australia and New Zealand are taking on the world’s most demanding physical challenge on Australian Spartan.
Inspired by the global fitness phenomenon Spartan Race and based on the US TV show Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge , in the adrenaline-filled new reality series, groups of three must join forces, to race across a specially-designed, spectacular Spartan course.
The TVNZ website recently updated with a date for the initial airing of Australian Spartan in New Zealand: Australian Spartan will premiere Sunday 4 March, at 7pm on TVNZ 2.
TVNZ also lists the series as consisting of five episodes.
What we know so far:
- Premieres March 4th 7pm on TVNZ 2
- Consists of five episodes
- Teams are made up of three people, with casting having taken place in Australia and New Zealand
- Obstacles include:
- Tyre Swing – a 90kg tyre suspended over a 9-metre-pool where teams must work together to swing each other to the other side
- Tilting Bridge – a precarious platform where team balance and cohesive coordination are pivotal to success
- Water Gauntlet – a 14-metre long pool forcing competitors to swim through and clamber over a number of water obstacles
- Spartan Slip Face – a 5-metre high water-wall on a 45-degree incline where teams must form a human ladder to literally climb over each other to reach the top